Pages - Menu

Homemade Egg Noodle Recipe

  
Egg noodles remind me of wantan meen. When i was a kid, we lived right opposite a wantan meen seller. Their stall was at the wet market down the street where we lived. My favorite pastime then was wrapping wantan with his daughter whenever i go to the market. I got really good at it and her dad usually treats me to a plate of kon lou wantan meen with big fat wantans. As they also ran a noodle factory, my mom also buys their famous egg noodles.

I love egg noodles. They are unlike ordinary noodles as egg noodles has that special springy bite to it. With just flour, egg and water, i'm so happy that i can make my own version of egg noodle whenever i feel like it. Over the years of observing how my neighbor cooks wantan meen, i have since become very good at achieving that particular "bite" that i'm so fond of.

One very important step to note when cooking homemade egg noodles is you must give the noodles a cold rinse by either running it under cold tap water, or placing them into a pot of cold water and loosening them up. This will stop the cooking process and you will end up with springy noodles that is simply delightful with every bite. If you already have a noodlemaker, you can give my homemade egg noodle recipe a try. This recipe has gone viral many times and i'm sure you will like it.

 Homemade Egg Noodle Recipe

400g plain flour
1 egg + water that measures 140ml in total volume
1 teaspoon sea salt

You can also check out the Video Guide on How To Make Egg Noodles Using A Noodlemaker.

Enjoy your homemade noodles :)

2 comments: